Wednesday, June 4, 2014

School’s NOT out for ever Alice Cooper!



6/4/14

Today, a usually somber and quiet household in the mornings as I eat my breakfast alone, turned into a hectic scramble for everyone to get ready.  Today is the first day of school for my tica sisters, and all other public school students, after a five week teacher strike here in Costa Rica.  My 8 year old tica sister is so excited to return to school as I can see most children here in CR are.  My 14 year old tica sister was worried about how she looked for school (typical teen girl).

 I do not know all of the details as to why the teachers ended the strike.  Two weeks ago, the government tried to offer them some of the owed money and the teachers would not take a partial amount.  That being said, I do not know the specific details, just simply that today, schools are back in session across Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment