Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hey You Get off of My Cloud



5/26/14

On Sunday night, we arrived in Monte Verde and I met my new host family. My mama tica and papa tico are younger than my last host parents and they have two girls who are 14 and 8 years old. It is really great to have children in the house because a) there is always something going on and b) it reminds me of home.  There is nothing more welcoming to me than hearing children laugh. 

 I have a really nice room with my own small bathroom and since we are up in the mountains and in the cloud forest, it is much cooler here.  I actually had to use my blanket last night, which is the first time since arriving in Costa Rica.  This morning, my host mama walked me to the meeting point and for some reason, once again, I am really far away from everyone else.  I forgot to take a picture of the house, so when I had to walk home alone, I could not figure out which house it was.  There are three on the corner that are the same color and size.  I had to call our guide and she tried to call my host family but no one answered.  I was given house keys this morning, so eventually after standing on the corner for about ten minutes, I picked one of the houses and tried the keys.  Luckily, I picked the right one, Whew!   

Tomorrow, when I leave I will absolutely be taking a picture of the house!  The mom speaks very little English, the dad and younger daughter speak no English, and I am pretty sure the older daughter speaks perfect English because she has been translating for me to the mom, but she refuses to speak English to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment