Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sloth Watch 2014

Saturday 5/24/14

Sloth Seen!  Today, we left San Joaquin and it was bitter sweet because I really loved my first homestay family.  My homestay parents gave me a big hug and papa tico walked me to the meeting place.  I was able to take this picture of them before we left.

After we left San Joaquin, we rode the bus for four hours to Manuel Antonio National Park.  I had been guaranteed a sloth sighting by four people but I had my doubts.  We started our visit with a hike through the rainforest and we kept passing people saying they had seen sloths, but then never saw any.  Finally, my dream came true and we spotted a Mama sloth with her baby on her back and a young sloth.  So...get ready for some pictures!

Next, we went to the beach.  It was beautiful!



2 comments:

  1. YAY! I know that was a dream come true for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally seen a sloth! I love reading your blog and following your adventures in Costa Rica. Good luck with the rest of your trip and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete